Randonnée Tours is committed to minimizing the environmental impact of our business. Here are some of the initiatives we have taken:
Offsetting our carbon emissions:
Randonnée Tours Inc. is a climate friendly company. We calculated the greenhouse gas emissions generated from transferring guests’ luggage during their tours with us and offset those emissions with Offsetters, Canada’s leading carbon management solutions provider. By supporting projects that remove the equivalent amount of emissions from the atmosphere, our guests can rest assured, knowing that while they’re on tour with us, the transfer of their luggage is not creating additional greenhouse gas emissions. For more information on the projects that we support, visit: www.offsetters.ca. We’re proud to do business while taking action on climate change.
- Since 2011, we have offset more than 28 tonnes of greenhouse gas generated from more than 130,000 kilometers of luggage transfer.
What you can do to offset your emissions:
We encourage you to offset your flight or car emissions associated to your vacations.
You can do so by visiting: offsetters-emissions-calculator to calculate the footprint of your flight or use the calculator below.
Here's how it works: When you add polluting emissions to the atmosphere, you can effectively subtract them by purchasing 'carbon offsets'. Carbon offsets are a financial instrument where a one tonne carbon offset represents a reduction of one tonne of greenhouse gas elsewhere. Large quantities of carbon offsets are developed through offset projects across the globe. These high-quality carbon offset projects are completed to meet rigorous industry standards, and are validated and verified by separate third-party auditors to ensure those standards are met and maintained throughout the life of the offset project. An emission reductions project can only be an offset project if the project would not take place without the assistance of offset funding.
At our office in Vancouver:
- We have chosen suppliers who demonstrate a commitment to the environment. Examples: FedEx, Novex Couriers, Mountain Equipment Co-op, and Hemlock Printing.
- We use 100% recycled paper for all packages & paper supplies in our offices.
- We recycle our print cartridges with a local company in Vancouver: Print Savers.
- Our brochures are printed on FSC certified paper (stimulating responsible management of the world's forests).
- We only send brochures to those who specifically ask for them.
- All employees either bicycle, walk, or use public transit to get to and from work.
- Employees are committed to recycling and using recycled products where possible.
Randonnée Operations Abroad:
In the regions in which we operate tours, we have looked for ‘good environmental practices’ as criteria in selecting hotels and suppliers.
We use locally owned hotels, B&Bs, restaurants, and taxi/shuttle companies in order to stimulate the local economy.
In everything we do, and in all of our communications, we promote travel by bicycle and on foot.