The Randonnée Difference
Randonnée has been North America's leading specialist in self-guided active tours since 1990. Each of Randonnée's self-guided cycling, hiking, walking and multi-sport tours are operated by us (there is no 'middle man') so you can depend on a consistent experience in all aspects of the trip including trip materials, local Area Manager support, bicycles and equipment etc.
Robbin McKinney, owner of Randonnee Tours, guided trips for Butterfield & Robinson for 16 years (in North America, Europe and around the world) before starting Great Explorations in 1997, a boutique active travel company offering guided trips to over 22 countries. He acquired Randonnee Tours in 2008 (already a well established brand), improving all aspects of the business. Since this time, Randonnee has enjoyed consistent growth and we continue to add trips each year to meet with the growing demand for this style of travel. Robbin is happy to talk to guests and answer questions from his vast knowledge of travel. He continues to take several tours each year ensuring the quality of each and every Randonnee trip.
All trip logistics are seamlessly prepared for you in advance and in exacting detail so you can focus on the more important parts of your trip ~ taking that stunning photo, selecting a perfect wine, or wandering an ancient castle.
The Randonnée advantage
Decide on the country or region you'd like to explore, choose an activity, pick a date and Randonnée does the rest:
- meet-and-greet with one of our staff upon arrival
- prepaid accommodation and transfers
- hand-picked hotels, lodges and bed-and-breakfasts
- inn-to-inn luggage transfers
- all breakfasts and typically two dinners
- fully-equipped bicycles
- a trip itinerary, with room for flexibility
- detailed route instructions for scenic country roads and trails
- maps with highlighted routes
- tips on sights and recommended restaurants
- historical notes
- emergency phone contact with an area manager